Click here for Protection Officer Quick Facts Flyer
Protection Officer (PO) Level 1
Provided for Transport for NSW and ARTC Networks
- Nationally accredited training with a Statement of Attainment issued from TLI32715 Certificate III in Track Protection from the Transport and Logistics training package.
The Protection Officer courses are competency based beginning with Protection Officer Level 1, progressing to Protection Officer Level 4, should you choose to do so.
The PO1 course is designed to provide participants with the necessary skills and knowledge to protect worksites for ARTC and TfNSW networks.
Protection Officer Level 1 includes but not limited to:
- Assessing Risk
- Identifying and sourcing information from the Network Rules and Procedures
- Identifying and implementing appropriate protection
- Implementing lookout working
- Implementing controlled signal blocking (CSB)
- Performing lookout duties
- Compiling all required documentation
PO1 - $400 per person stand alone or
PO1 and 2 combined - $700 per person (package deal)
Final Assessment - $400 (PO 1 & 2) for ARTC.
Note: TfNSW conduct their own assessment with price on application.
Prices may vary due to the location and participants industry experience.
||PO 1 : 2 consecutive days: Theory
PO 2 : 2 additional days (Total 4 days: see PO2 course for details)
On Job Workbook: Up to 6 months to complete
Final assessment: 1 Day
||7:30am to 4:00pm. (Approximately)
||Please contact our office for next course dates and availability 02 9708 5980 or email: email@example.com
Must hold a current RIW card
Cat 1 Medical
Provide 100 points of identification on the day
Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate well in English
||Persons over the age of 18 years old.
||Plain and casual dress, enclosed shoes. (no singlets or thongs)
- SCCRT Training Centre, Level 1, Unit 7/4 Brunker Road, Chullora 2190
- MCR 12 Resolution Drive, Unanderra, NSW 2526
- TECSIDE Suite 10/30 Shipley Drive, Rutherford, NSW 2320
NB: Courses delivered in the Illawarra and Maitland require minimum numbers or a group booking of 6-10 persons. Please contact us for further details: 9708 5980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
||All day parking is available around the building complex.
||Payment can be made on the day by Eftpos.
Participants will be required to pass theory and practical assessments to achieve competency.
After passing the theory assessments, you will be issued with an ‘On Job Workbook‘ which covers the practical requirements of PO 1 duties and provides evidence of your training.
This work book needs to be completed by you and signed off by a competent PO 2-4.
You have 6 months to complete the ‘On Job Workbook’ (see below).
When complete, a final assessment needs to be undertaken (by TfNSW assessor or SCCRT assessor for ARTC) to determine competence.
'On Job Workbook' Training
Opportunity Provided By:
Your ‘On Job Workbook‘ covers the practical requirements associated with Protection Officer 1 duties.
To assist you with completing the On Job Workbook Multi Civil & Rail will provide you with an On-Site Practical Training opportunity signed off by a qualified PO to prepare you for your final assessment.
Note: you will not be paid by MCR for this training but you will gain valuable industry ‘On Job ‘skills & knowledge that may lead to future employment with MCR.
On completion of the initial course, a Certificate of Completion will be issued.
Upon successful completion of the ‘On Job Workbook’ and ‘One on One’ competency assessment you will receive a Statement of Attainment recognising completion of the following units:
- TLIF2081 Perform lookout duties
- TLIF3083 Conduct track protection assessment
- TLIL3082 Implement absolute signal blocking(CSB)
- TLIW2001 Operate under track protection rules
- TLIW2037 Clip and secure points
- TLIF2097 Use audible track warning devices
||Please call reception on 9708 5980 or email email@example.com
or click on the online Enrolment links below: