Click here for Protection Officer Quick Facts Flyer
Protection Officer (PO2) Level 2
Provided for Transport for NSW and ARTC Networks
- Nationally accredited training with a Statement of Attainment issued from TLI32715 Certificate III in Track Protection from the Transport and Logistics training package.
The Protection Officer courses are competency based beginning with Protection Officer Level 1 with progression to Protection Officer Level 4 should you choose to do so.
The PO2 course is designed to provide participants with the necessary skills and knowledge to protect worksites for ARTC and TfNSW networks.
Protection Officer Level 2 includes, but not limited to:
- Undertaking duties as prescribed for a PO 1
- Implement a TOA
- Obtain the staff in token sections for a TOA
- Obtain the half pilot staff for a TOA
- Protecting worksites
PO2 - $400 per person stand alone
$700 per person if combined as a package with the PO1.
Final Assessment is $400 (for each level) for ARTC.
TfNSW conduct their own final assessment with price on
Prices may vary due to the location and participants industry experience.
||PO 2 : 2 consecutive days theory
On Job Workbook: Up to 6 months to complete
Final assessment: 1 Day
||Please contact our office for next course dates and availability 02 9708 5980 or email: email@example.com
- Must be a qualified Protection Officer Level 1
- Cat 1 Medical
- Provide 100 points of identification on the day
- Current RIW card
||Persons over the age of 18 years old.
||Plain and casual dress, enclosed shoes. (no singlets or thongs)
- SCCRT Training Centre, Level 1, Unit 7/4 Brunker Road, Chullora 2190
- MCR 12 Resolution Drive, Unanderra, NSW 2526
- TECSIDE Suite 10/30 Shipley Drive, Rutherford, NSW 2320
NB: Courses delivered in the Illawarra and Maitland require minimum numbers. Please contact us for further details: 9708 5980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
||All day parking is available around the building complex.
||Payment can be made on the day by Eftpos.
Participants will be required to pass theory and practical assessments to achieve competency.
After passing the theory assessments, you will be issued with an ‘On Job Workbook’ which covers the practical requirements of PO2 duties and provides evidence of your training.
This work book needs to be completed by you and signed off by a competent PO 3/4.
You have 6 months to complete the ‘On Job Workbook’ (see below).
When complete, a final assessment needs to be undertaken (by TfNSW assessor or SCCRT assessor for ARTC) to determine competence.
'On Job Workbook' Training
Training Opportunity Provided By:
Your ‘On Job Workbook‘ covers the practical requirements associated with Protection Officer 2 duties.
To assist you with completing the On Job Workbook Multi Civil & Rail will provide you with an On-Site Practical Training opportunity signed off by a qualified PO to prepare you for your final assessment.
Note: you will not be paid by MCR for this training but you will gain valuable industry ‘On Job ‘skills & knowledge that may lead to future employment with MCR.
On completion of the initial course, a Certificate of Completion will be issued.
Upon successful completion of the ‘On Job Workbook’ and ‘One on One’ competency assessment you will receive a Statement of Attainment recognising the following units:
- TLIL3065 Implement track occupancy authority (TOA)
- TLIC2081 Pilot rail traffic within work on track authority limits
- TLIL4069 Plan and coordinate protection for multiple worksites within the limits of a work on track authority
- TLIC2078 Identify and respond to signals and trackside signs
- TLIC0083 Access rail track to travel track vehicle under a proceed authority
This course requires recertification every two years.
A one-on-one assessment will take place to assess your retained knowledge.
||Please call reception on 9708 5980 or email email@example.com.