Track Certification, Examination & Inspection
TLIB3094 Check and repair track geometry
TLIB3099 Examine track infrastructure
TlIB3100 Visually inspect track infrastructure
TLIB3095 Check and repair points and crossings
The Track Certification, Examination & Inspection Units are taken from Certificate III in Rail Infrastructure (TLI32515)
Each unit can be delivered individually or combined, tailored to suit your requirements and meet the regulations, standards and codes of practices applicable to all networks nationally.
The combined course is designed for workers in the industry who are required to ‘Certify’ track after:
- Renewal and Upgrading works
When works are complete the competent person is attesting activities undertaken have been carried out to industry standards/codes of practice and the section of track examined/inspected or upgraded is safe to resume regular train running operations.
During the course the participants will learn how to:
- Perform detailed track inspection
- Visually Inspect track
- Analyse examination results
- Assess and prioritise defects to industry standards
- Undertake repairs to track geometry
- Certify repairs to track geometry
- Report findings
- Complete documentation
Prices are available on request and are dependent on participant numbers, location and the participant's industry experience.
4-6 days depending on industry experience
|Are you an experienced industry rail worker?
You may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Recognition of Current Competence (RCC) which by providing evidence of your work experience, previous training, references and/or other evidence you may be awarded individual units of competence, skill sets or qualification via a Gap Assessment Pathway.
Please contact our office for further details on 9708-5980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
7.30am – 3.30pm
||Please contact our office to find out when the next course is available.
Prior to enrolment for any of the Track Certification units all participants must hold the following competencies as a pre-requisite as per National Track and Civil Matrix V9
- TLIF2080 Safely access the rail corridor (RIW)
- TLIB1028 Maintain and use hand tools
- TLID1001 Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
- TLIW2001 Operate under track protection rules
- TLIE1003 Participate in basic workplace communications
- TLIF1001 Follow occupational; health and safety procedures
- TLIF2010 Apply track fundamentals
- TLIU2008 Apply environmental procedures to rail infrastructure
- TLIB2092 Operate minor mechanical equipment
- TLIB2097 Install and maintain guard rails
- TLIB2121 Maintain rail joints
- TLIB2030 Carry out track ballasting
- TLIS2031 install railway sleepers
- TLIS2044 Carry out rail installation
- TLIS2034 Install and repair rail fastening systems
||Persons over the age of 18 years old.
Plain and casual dress, enclosed shoes (no singlets or thongs)
PPE for practical assessments.
- SCCRT Training Centre, Level 1, Unit 7/4 Brunker Road, Chullora 2190
- MCR 12 Resolution Drive, Unanderra, NSW 2526
- TECSIDE Suite 10/30 Shipley Drive, Rutherford, NSW 2320
NB: Courses delivered in the Illawarra and Maitland require minimum numbers or a group booking of 6-10 persons. Please contact us for further details: 9708 5980 or email email@example.com.
||All day parking is available around the building complex.
||Payment can be made on the day by Eftpos.
- Written Theory Assessment for each unit
- On Job Work Book
- Final Assessment
On completion, a Statement of Attainment will be issued recognising competence in the following units:
- TLIB3094 Check and repair track geometry
- TLIB3099 Examine track infrastructure
- TLIB3100 Visually inspect track infrastructure
- TLIB3095 Check and repair points and crossings
||Please call reception on 9708 5980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
or click on the online Enrolment links below: