Click here for TMO Quick Facts Flyer
Track Machine Operator
Nationally accredited training with a Statement of Attainment issued from TLI21315 Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure from the Transport and Logistics training package.
This course is designed to teach operators of:
- track machines (hi rail plant)
- road/rail vehicles (4 wheel drives, trucks)
- light on track equipment, less than 10t that may lifted from the track mechanically (clipping machines, motorised track jacks)
The requirements, rules and procedures applicable when performing tasks during a Local Possession Authority (LPA) or a Track Occupancy Authority (TOA).
Course discussion includes, but not limited to:
- Network rules and procedures applicable to track machine working
- Worksite protection encounters
- Access to and from site
- Protection requirements in an emergency situation
- Communication protocols
- Speeds and travelling procedures
- $550 per person (incl of GST)
NB: $950 (incl GST) per person if the Core Units for Rail Infrastructure Certificate II are required.
See below for further details as this is a mandatory requirement.
||1 day for TMO.
2-3 days for TMO plus Rail Infrastructure Certificate II Mandatory Units depending on experience.
||Please contact our office to find out when the next course is available. 9708 5980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Participants need to be competent in the following Certificate II Rail Infrastructure units prior to enrolment in this course
- TLIW2001 Operate under track protection rules
- TLIB1028 Maintain and use hand tools
- TLID1001 Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
- TLIE1003 Participate in basic workplace communications
- TLIF1001 Follow work health and safety procedures
- TLIF2010 Apply fatigue management strategies
- TLIB2085 Apply track fundamentals
- TLIU2008 Apply environmental procedures to rail infrastructure
- Current RIW Card
- Cat 1 Medical
- Current Driver/Operator licence for the type of machinery that will be operated on the tracks
||Persons over the age of 18 years old.
||PPE required: Lace up boots, long clothing, hi-visibility orange vest, hard hat and safety glasses.
- SCCRT Training Centre, Level 1, Unit 7/4 Brunker Road, Chullora 2190
- MCR 12 Resolution Drive, Unanderra, NSW 2526
- TECSIDE Suite 10/30 Shipley Drive, Rutherford, NSW 2320
NB: Courses delivered in the Illawarra and Maitland require minimum numbers or a group booking of 6-10 persons. Please contact us for further details: 9708 5980 or email email@example.com.
||All day parking is available around the building complex.
||Payment can be made on the day by Eftpos.
- Theory assessment
- Practical assessment
The practical assessment, at nearby sidings, will require participants to demonstrate how to:
- carry out a pre start inspection of a hi rail vehicle
- safely on/ off track a hi rail vehicle
- competently control a hi rail vehicle
Upon successful completion you will receive a Statement of Attainment recognising completion of:
- TLIC2058 Travel medium or heavy self-propelled on-track equipment
or based on type of vehicle assessed in
- TLIC2059 Propel and operate light on-track equipment
- TLIC3045 Operate road/rail vehicle
- TLIC2054 Access rail track to run track vehicle within a defined worksite
Consists of a half day theory course costing $350 before card expiry date with a current medical.
NB: Card expiry is 5 years. Please contact us for further details.
||Please call reception on 9708 5980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
or click on the online Enrolment links below: