Track Vehicle Operator (TVO)
TVO Quick Facts Flyer
The Track Vehicle Operator (TVO) training course nationally accredited with a Statement of Attainment issued on completion from TLI Transport and Logistics training packages.
The TVO course content includes, but not limited to:
- Learn about the Rail NSW Rail Networks
- Role of Protection Officer 1 Revision
- Communicating in the Rail Networks
- Recognising Signals
- Working with (responding to) Fixed Signals
- Trackside Signs and Indicators
- Using Work on Track Authorities
- Transferring Track Vehicles
- Operate a track vehicle outside the limits of a protected worksite
- Obtain a Track Occupancy Authority for the purpose of driving a track vehicle
||Price on Application (POA)
Please contact our office for the next course details on: 9708 5980 or email: email@example.com
Minimum Protection Officer Level 1 (PO1), holding the following units of competence:
- TLIF2081 Perform lookout duties
- TLIF3083 Conduct track protection assessment
- TLIL3082 Implement absolute signal blocking (CBS)
- TLIW2001 Operate under track protection rules
- TLIW2037 Clip and secure points
- TLIF2097 Use audible track warning devices
- Minimum Protection Officer Level 1 (PO1)
- Category 1 Medical
- 100 points of ID on the day
||Persons over the age of 18 years old.
||Plain casual clothing (no thongs or singlets)
- SCCRT Training Centre, Level 1, Unit 7/4 Brunker Road, Chullora 2190
||All day parking is available around the building complex.
||Payment can be made on the day by Eftpos.
- Exercises and written assessments will be carried out during and on the final day of the 4-day training.
On Job Work book:
- On completion of the theory component you will be issued an “On Job Work Book”. This covers all practical aspects related to the TVO role and provides evidence of your training.
- The book needs to be ‘signed off ‘by an already qualified Track Vehicle Operator (with evidence of this persons competence provided).
- A final ‘One on One’ assessment will be carried out with a qualified trainer/assessor determining your knowledge gained from both theory and practical training.
Note: To operate within the Transport for NSW (TfNSW) Network, the final assessment must be conducted by a tfNSW trainer/assessor.
SCCRT, on your behalf, can propose to carry out this final assessment with one of our suitably qualified trainer/assessors, however, it will be at the sole discretion of TfNSW to allow this to occur.
Upon successful completion of the ‘On Job Workbook’ and ‘One on One’ competency assessment you will receive a Statement of Attainment recognising completion of the following units:
- TLIC2081 Pilot rail traffic within work on track authority limits.
- TLIC0083 Access rail track to travel track vehicle under proceed authority (TVO)
- TLIC2054 Access rail track to run vehicle within defined worksite
- TLIC2078 Identify and respond to signals and trackside signs
||Please call reception on 9708 5980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.