Nationally accredited training with a Statement of Attainment issued from TLI27121 Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure from the Transport and Logistics training package.
This course is designed to teach operators of:
• track machines (hi-rail plant) • road/rail vehicles (4 wheel drives, trucks) • light on track equipment, less than 10t that may lifted from the track mechanically (clipping machines, motorised track jacks)
The requirements, rules and procedures applicable when performing tasks during a Work On Track Authority (Local Possession Authority, Track Work Authority, Track Occupancy Authority).
Course discussion includes, but not limited to:
• Network Rules and Procedures applicable to track machine working • Worksite protection encounters • Access to and from site including on/off-tracking • Protection requirements in an emergency situation • Communication protocols • Speeds and travelling procedures
$550.00 per person (incl of GST)
One (1) day
7:15am start to approx. 4:00pm
This course is conducted every Wednesday.
• Current RIW Card including proof of completion of TLIF0020 Safely access the rail corridor • Category 1 Medical • Current Driver/Operator licence/SOA/COC for the type of machinery that will be operated on the tracks
Persons over the age of 18 years old.
Full PPE required.
Lace up boots, long clothing, hi-visibility orange vest, hard hat and safety glasses.
Sydney • SCRT Training Centre, Unit 2/4 Brunker Road, Chullora 2190
NB: Courses delivered at client's premises require minimum numbers or a group booking of 6-10 persons. Please contact us for further details: 9708 5980 or email
Free, all day parking is available around the building complex.
Payment can be made on the day of training by Eftpos, cash (exact amount) or direct deposit.
• Theory Assessment • Practical Assessment
The practical assessment, at nearby sidings, will require participants to demonstrate how to:
• carry out a pre-start inspection of a hi-rail vehicle • safely on/off track a hi-rail vehicle • competently control a hi-rail vehicle
Upon successful completion, you will receive a Statement of Attainment recognising completion of:
• TLIC3045 Operate road/rail vehicle • TLIC2054 Access rail track to run track vehicle within a defined worksite • TLIC0010 Propel and operate light on-track equipment AND/OR • TLIC2058 Travel medium or heavy self-propelled on-track equipment
NB: Participants must hold the appropriate level of driver's license/operator's competency applicable to the machine in which they are assessed.
Recertification period: Five (5) years. Cost: $350.00 incl GST
Please call reception on 9708 5980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
or click on the online Enrolment buttons below:
If you are having trouble contacting us via our phone,
please email email@example.com and we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible.
Southern Cross Rail Training (SCRT) is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that is nationally accredited by Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) to provide vocational education and training to the rail industry.